Friday 14 April 2017

A fine Friday

Today is my rest and relaxation day! There I declared it.

Last Sunday, we packed most of my parents’ belongings. Wednesday evening, we packed all the last minute items. Yesterday (Thursday) was Move day. Starting at 9 in the morning, I was at the Source address to oversee the movers and my sister was at the Destination address to receive. The two addresses are about 32 km (20 miles) apart so my sister and I kept each other informed by phone.

I’m happy to report that the move went smoothly. The movers came on time. After I gave them a brief overview of what needs to be moved, they gave me two compliments “Your parents are lucky!” and “You’re so organized”.  Smart movers!

Once the movers finished loading and left the Source address, I had a quick lunch, then went to the Destination address to unpack with my sister. It was a lot of work but we got all the essentials done by dinner time.

Today I resumed my morning routine: Breakfast, Spanish lessons, and workout in the gym. Preparing for a move and moving are disruptive so it felt nice to have my normalcy back. After lunch, we went for a walk along the lakefront to enjoy a perfect spring day.

On our walk, I was looking out for spring flowers and will share a few pictures of what I captured with my camera here. Tulips, daffodils, and pansies are all signs of spring in Toronto. So nice to see them.

Tulips at a florist shop
Tulips, pansies and more
Daffodils, tulips and more
The sky was clear blue, the birds were tweeting everywhere, and people were out and about, soaking in the sunshine. The ferries were busy shuttling passengers from the city side to the Centre Island side and back.

Toronto ferries
It’s a fine Friday after all. Have a great weekend where you are!

2 comments:

  1. Being told I am organized is one of my favorite compliments. Glad you allowed yourself a day of rest after moving your parents. I am settling back into my routine after being gone a week. I like routine. Feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're organized! Glad you've got your routine back.

    ReplyDelete