Sunday 13 November 2016

Weekend reflections

I took this picture at Harbourfront in Toronto, looking towards Centre Island. Something about the blue sky, the water, the trees and sailboats that are attractive to me.

Toronto harbour
Reflecting on this past week, I’m happy that I was able to accomplish a few things.

Fitness:
  • I went for a walk three times per day, usually one in the morning, one at mid-day and one in the afternoon. Total about 1.5 hours each day. It gets dark by 5 PM in Toronto at this time of the year so I want to be outside before sunset. It feels good to get some fresh air and keep moving.
  • I went to the pool to swim once this week, and exercised in the gym three times, one hour each time.
Finance:
  • No unexpected expense. I got several items on sale on my grocery runs.
  • My savings are on target.
Family and Friends:
  • Our family all pitched in to do the usual laundry, grocery shopping, cooking and housework.
  • I had lunch with two of my friends on different days and we caught up with what’s been going on in our lives. We all agreed to plan another meet-up before the holidays.
Fun (for me):
  • I sorted out the pictures from my trip to Argentina and finished posting three articles on my visits to Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls and Bariloche.
  • I started thinking about my travel plan for 2017. I’m flexible with the destinations at this point. My passport will be up for renewal soon. I think I’ll go for the 10-year renewal option.
That’s about it from me. Here’s wishing you all a nice weekend and a great week next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment