Saturday 15 October 2016

HTO Park

A sunny start to the weekend, with high 18C (64F).

This morning I worked out in the gym for about an hour, thirty minutes on the elliptical, followed by thirty minutes doing weights and abdominal exercises. I would have liked to stay a bit longer, except I have errands to run.

Grocery shopping was done next. I like going to the fruit section in the grocery store the most as the colours just pop out. I’ve got red and green seedless grapes, oranges, bananas, pears, and spartan apples. That should give us yummy snack choices during the week.

In the afternoon, since the weather was still nice, my weekend discovery walk took me to HTO Park. It’s an urban park with a sandy beach and yellow umbrellas, right by the water’s edge of Toronto’s Inner Harbour.
Nearby is a Firefighters Memorial - Last Alarm - with a bronze firefighter statue with flames lapping at its feet while rescuing a swaddled baby. This memorial commemorates the firefighters who have died in the service of the citizens of Toronto since 1848. 
Overall, a nice Saturday. Tonight we'll have fish and mixed vegetables for dinner.

How to get to HTO Park: From Union subway station, you can walk there, or take either street car #509 or #510 and get off at Reese Street.

Where to eat: I'd bring my own snack and water. There is a local Rabba store on Queens Quay West where you can pick up items for a picnic. It's open 24/7. There are also local coffee shops, pizza and sushi places near the park if you'd like to eat out.

No comments:

Post a Comment